This update brings new emoji, emoji improvements, bug fixes and updates on the experimental fonts introduced last version.
Hoof hands, neurodiversity symbol, road vehicles, places and many more! Show your allegiance to Big Soy with the new tofu emoji!
As part of ongoing efforts to upgrade the aesthetics of old emoji, even more emoji have been updated. Beefier muscle emoji, bigger punches, better bugbears, punchier gender symbols, improved colours, outlines and more.
Fonts have been improved and changed around:
- Improved sbix font that should work more seamlessly.
- SVGinOT format has been depreciated. You should use the sbix font instead; it should work wherever SVGinOT works.
Fonts are still experimental though, and I can’t vouch for how much you’ll be able to use them, but the new sbix fonts generally have better stability and compatibility compared to the last version.
Yep, it’s still a big release
I’ve still done a big release at the moment despite still (kinda?) having the intention to work that out because I still haven’t figured out I’m going to automate things. At the moment, just making stuff and releasing it at a particular moment in time feels less stressful than working out and testing newer workflows, so I’ve gone with the path of least resistance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- New palms_up expression for all MMs
- neurodiversity symbol and infinity
- all-new hoof hands (12) and hoof hand modifier
- car, suv, taxi, minibus, ambulance, delivery_truck, articulated_truck, construction_sign, siren, bus_stop
- light_bulb, soap
- sunrise, sunrise_over_mountains, national_park, foggy, moon_viewing_ceremony
- card suits (4), dollar, currency conversion
- steam_train, mountain_train, briefcase
- cookie, pizza, egg, tofu, avocado
- Updated Muscle expression (for all MMs)
- Updated punch for hmn and claw MMs.
- Rounded outlines for fist_facing_left, fist_facing_right, writing_hand, pray and nail_varnish for all MMs.
- Slightly improved massage emoji
- Slightly improved privacy emoji
- Improved symbol flag emoji
- Updated dice colours
- Updated office/stationery emoji
- Adjusted money emoji colours
- Adjusted tech 2 emoji colours
- Improved earth and world map emoji
- Improved beach and desert_island emoji
- Updated gender symbol designs
- Updated bugbear design
- Fixed an error from 0.4.0 where the lightness of H1-H5’s text descriptions were accidentally flipped.
- Fixed a visual bug in volcano.
- Fixed an outline gap on nail_varnish [paw]
- snake assigned Unicode ‘Snake’ (U+1F40D)
- leopard assigned Unicode ‘Leopard’ (U+1F406)
- ram assigned Unicode ‘Ram’ (U+1F40F)
- rat assigned Unicode ‘Rat’ (U+1F400)
- rabbit assigned Unicode ‘Rabbit’ (U+1F407) (not to be confused with Unicode’s ‘Rabbit Face’)
- tiger has been moved from Unicode ‘Tiger Face’ (U+1F42F) to Unicode ‘Tiger’ (U+1F405)
- musical_score in the last version was accidentally encoded as U+1F4BC (‘Briefcase’) instead of U+1F3BC. It’s now been fixed.
- triangular_flag -> triangle_flag
- ‘travel_places/transport’ renamed to ‘travel_places/trains’.