This is a personal update. It’s explaining what is going on in my life because as many of you probably know, things haven’t been good and also there’s something important about the project that I need to mention.
This is gonna get pretty heavy and mention poor mental health and abuse.
Continue reading “Personal Update”
More merch is now available, and there’s a new store too, Society6!
- Patterns like peaches/eggplants, pineapples and paw hands.
- Cybre/tech emoji
- New pride flag
- Backpacks, Duffel Bags Beach Towels, Full-Print Shirts, Leggings and more!
- Mutant Standard stickers if you wanna show your support for the project!
You can find both stores at https://mutant.tech/merch.
I’d recommend checking both stores as the selections differ.
Thank you for your support and patience again. It’s still been a pretty bad month for me, and there was so much about this wave of merch that took a lot longer than expected because I was getting into new media and processes which I’ve never really done before.
I’ll talk about some of my experiences and give tips about making merch in a future blog post.
- Every picture of each file is a snapshot of that file of how it is viewed in Affinity Designer (so you can see each emoji artboard and it’s title).
- You can click on each picture to get a bigger version.
- The captions underneath each picture are the filenames of that sketch file. They’re not always the most descriptive (lol).
- Dates of sketches are the date they started, not the date they finished.
- Progressions go from top -> bottom, left -> right. I often use arrows to show progression when it’s not that obvious.
- [M] means that that particular emoji design is going to the Master File (or at least that’s what I think at that moment in time).
- I do a lot of freehand notes around the emoji iterations to give me an idea of how I’m feeling about them.
- Some of the pictures might be a bit misleading because for some things (like some colour choices and CMs), I don’t actually make little iterations to demonstrate where I started and where I finished because it would take too long to copy, paste, edit, repeat, etc.. So i just iterate over the same images.
Okay, read below the cut to see all the sketches!
Continue reading “Mutant Standard 0.1.0 – The Sketches”
As you might imagine, given my current situation, I’ve been kind of scatterbrained. I was in the middle of working on some emoji that are quite close to ready a day or so ago, but then I realised that I had lost track of what I already made (which is unusual for me, but this has been a much longer release cycle than usual), so I’ve decided to get everything I’ve already done locked in place with a new release before I continue finishing more emoji.
Aside from personal things, this release is quite a bit smaller than usual because a lot of stuff in this release was quite intensive (like extra hands, new colours and extended colours). I also just had to go with what I had the spoons to create, so the kinds of emoji I’ve made isn’t necessarily what was planned, and it’s going to be that way for quite a while atm.
This is going to be very wordy because I don’t have the spoons to make diagrams explaining the CM system at the moment, so bear with me.
I’d like to thank everyone for being so patient and supportive during this really shitty time in my life. I’ve been hoping that I’d reach the end of this tunnel sooner but as usual, my spoons are in much shorter supply than I would like u∆∆u, but I am on it as much as I can be in my present capacity. 💚
Continue reading “Mutant Standard 0.1.0”